Monday, 16 February 2009

Starting at Zero

This blog has one purpose; to diarise my sport trading ambitions and progress. I have absolutely no preconceptions, no goals, no targets, no long term plan, or strategy. I am not trying to turn £1000 into £100k or £150k within a year and I am not trying to make more than 10% return per day. I am merely aiming to be the best trader I can be and to take more profit than losses over any time period.

I started trading in July last year with a £100 stake. After a month I had lost it all and with hindsight I am astonished that I didnt lose it all much sooner. In August I enrolled on Peter Webbs course where I started to learn what trading was all about. I came away with ideas, strategies and dreams. I put £200 into my betfair account and started from scratch.

Within 4 weeks I had made .............nothing. I lost it all again. Same result, but achieved in a completely different way. Although once again I lost it making the same mistakes as first time round.

Since then I took some time out, refelcted on what I had done and what I had learnt from both the course and the mistakes made and decided to return and try again at some point in the future.

That time is now.

But before I bankroll myself and start to trade again I am going to spend some time immersing myself into the markets and I am going to become a student of Horse Racing.

For the time being I am going to sbscribe to Bet Angel Pro, follow the races and really try and understand what all the information is telling me. When I am ready I will put some funds into my Betfair account

Dont expect anything too soon, I might be a while...........

No comments:

Post a Comment